As predicted, Asus today announced the Zenfone 2 at its press occasion in CES. The smartphone is an amazing updated specs and features over the original first gen Zenfone smartphones that the company dispatched a year ago at CES 2014. The smartphone is estimated at $199 (Rs 12,600 roughly), and will be shipped for sales later this year in March.
The extent that specifications are concerned, the Zenfone 2 parades a 5.5-inch full HD 1920×1080 pixels IPS display and there are apparently narrower bezels than the predecessor. Truth be told, the company guarantees that the phone comes in 72 percent screen-to-body proportion. With respect to power, the smartphone is fitted with efficient Intel’s 64-bit Atom Z3580 quad-core processor clocked 2.3GHz and it is matched with 4GB of RAM.
As per the photography part, the smartphone emphasizes a 13-megapixel “Pixelmaster” camera with a f/2.0 aperture, zero shutter lag and as per the company, “the world’s best HDR technology.” On the front, there is a 5-megapixel selfie snapper with diverse features including a Beautification mode, which gives live image enhancement, skin softening and bighting, blush and color correction, red eye improve and cheek diminishing.
The smartphone packs a 3,000mAh battery with fast charging abilities, which as indicated by the company claim that charging the battery to 60 percent in less than 40 minutes. Connectivity options incorporate dual SIM card openings, 4G LTE capability, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and is powered by the Android 5.0 Lollipop built with the company’s Zen UI skin on top.
As said above, the smartphone will be sent to sales in March, valued at $199. However there is no statements on when it will land at our shores.
Asus Zenfone 2 specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 72 percent screen-to-body ratio and Gorilla Glass 3 with Oleophobic coating.
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop with new Zen UI and Zen Motion gesture controls.
- Chipset: Intel Atom Z3580 SoC, 64-bit 2.3GHz quad-core processor, PowerVR G6430 GPU and 2GB/4GB of RAM.
- Storage: 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage and a microSD card slot.
- Back camera: 13-megapixel PixelMaster primary camera, laser autofocus, dual-tone dual-LED flash and 1080p video recording.
- Front Camera: 5-megapixel secondary camera and 1080p video recording.
- Connectivity: 4G LTE Cat. 4, dual-SIM dual-standby, Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth v4.0, and GLONASS, A-GPS, microUSB v2.0 port and 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Battery: 3,000 mAh battery with fast charging.