Recently, we were dealt with to a 8-minute video of Android Lollipop running on a Galaxy S5 on account of the people over at Sammobile. Presently it looks just as the publication has gotten its active yet an alternate variant of Google’s freshest, and it aligns Samsung’s Touchwiz further with its Material Design update.
This new version is LRX02E built number and brings a wide variety of changes which you can discover below:
- New Note 4 fingerprint lock screen
- New system-wide font similar to the original one, but a tad thinner.
- New animations, much smoother than before there’s a screen off animation present as well.
- Google Search bar in recents menu
- Brightness slider in notification centre has a new yellow colour while changing the brightness, the notification centre disappears and allows the user to view the content beneath it.
- Removed “Interruptions” from Sound settings
- Gallery: Media can be sorted using new filters including Pets, Events, Scenery, Documents, Food, Vehicles and Flowers.
- Music: Improved UI
- Clock: Navigation bar icons are now accompanied by text
- Calculator: Removed square grids which surrounded the numbers and symbols
- Contacts: New search box
- Stock Material Design inspired applications receive colored status bar
- Android Lollipop theme’s core green elements replaced with Samsung’s blue colour
- Settings: Improved UI, new icon colours
- New UI for setting wallpaper from home screen
- Better spacing between options in power off dialog
While the built does change the Android version from “L” to “5.0,” it is even now missing any Lollipop branding, so it gives the idea that this manufacture is still focused around prerelease code from Google.
Bring this with an imperative grain of salt, as we have no clue how “official” this fabricate positively is, however it would seem that Sammy is getting closer to dropping some Lollipop on its S5 users gave the U.S. carriers get things moving rapidly too.
You can discover Sammobile’s video of the updated software in live performance below:
What do you consider Lollipop running on the S5? Is it true that you are anxious to get your active it? Tell us in the comments below.