The Nexus series from Google has always given highest priority to dispatch software updates than other Android devices. Google has recently reported that it will start the release the Android 5.1 Lollipop update for the Nexus 9 from today onwards.
— Nexus (@googlenexus) May 7, 2015
The Nexus 9 has really been the last device in this series to receive the software update. Other Smartphones and tablets in Nexus line up already working with this Android 5.1 Lollipop. Anyhow well, its preferred delayed over not at all. Indeed, even Android 5.0.2 came as of late to the tablet, which again was much after every one of its kin got the update.
Google hasn’t reported changelog for the update officially. The update carries with a wide show of improvements in device’s performance, enhanced stability and large number of bug fixes. The update has officially initiated rolling out and will arrive to all nexus 9 devices worldwide in a staged way relying on your area. Ordinarily, the Wi-Fi variant will receive update before the LTE variant. So the same may remain constant for the Nexus 9 too.
The tablet is a remarkable entertainer and the most recent update will further improve its performance capacities.
Nexus 9 Key specifications
- Display: 9 inch screen with 4:3 aspect ratio
- Processor: NVIDIA Tegra K1 64-bit dual-core processor at 2.3 GHz
- Modem: LTE model uses Qualcomm MDM9625M modem
- Operating system: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Internal storage: 16GB and 32GB for Wifi-only, 32GB for LTE
- RAM: 2GB DDR3
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1 with aptX, dual-band Wifi 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO, microUSB port v2.0
- 8MP back camera with LED flash and 1.2MP front camera
- Front-facing BoomSound speakers
- 6700mAh battery