Oppo has published that is in plan to officially release a new updated high end flagship smartphone, the Oppo U3, on January 14. It is a phablet which sports a 5.9-inch display and is designed for photography lovers. It offers a 13-megapixel primary back camera with 4K video recording and is likely to do 4x optical zooming lens and a 5-megapixel secondary front camera with LED flash light.
Oppo U3 specifications
- Display: 5.9-inch IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass
- OS: Color OS based on Android operating system
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6752 SOC, 1.7GHz octa-core Cortex A53 CPU, Mali-T760 MP2 GPU @ 700 MHz 2GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB internal memory and a microSD card slot
- Rear camera: 13-megapixel primary camera, autofocus, LED flash and 4K video recording
- Front: 5-megapixel secondary camera with a front-facing LED flash
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0 + LE, A-GPS, microUSB v2.0 port and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Audio: AK4961 audio chip
It offers a slender body with thin bezels and a patterned back cover. Other features the phablet offers are a 64-bit octa-core processor as MediaTek MT6752, coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage. There is a microSD card slot for capacity extension and 4G LTE for high speed networking. It is powered by Color OS, which is based on Android. But, there is no details on the software what it will have Weather it will run on Android 4.4 Kitkat or Android 5.0 Lollipop, however the recent appears to be impossible. As seen in the Find 7 and the N3, Oppo typically concentrates more on camera quality, built quality and also the sound quality in its mid level and higher end smartphones.
There is no data about the cost it will offer the Oppo U3, so we’ll need to hold up till January 14 for the official release to know more insights about the product and its pricing.