Samsung as planned it changed its design strategy from the Note 4, Samsung’s latest flagship Galaxy S comes in two aroma with parcels to like. The smartphones check a really sharp takeoff in hardwares from the Galaxy S5, with full metal casings, glass back cover and redefined features.
Samsung fabricated the S6 and S6 edge from the beginning with some new thoughts, concentrating on a high luxury feel for the handset in beautiful colors and new features such as a extruded out camera, wireless charging and on account of the S6 edge a couple of novel software features added.
The specs for the new smartphones is typically the same, with a couple of unforeseen components threw in. Controlling both handsets is a 64-bit octa-core Exynos processor with a 14nm based, which replaces the Qualcomm chip found in many emphases of past devices. The processor is powered with a 2550mAh battery (on edge 2600mAh), 3GB of RAM and a internal storage of 32GB, 64 and 128GB options being accessible imperatively in light of the fact that there’s no SDcard space accessible.
Both the S6 and S6 edge comes with a new 16MP camera with OIS, collaborating with new IR white balance, fast tracking autofocus and the capacity to launch camera app in under a second with two presses of the home button.
On the front Samsung has brought its most recent Super AMOLED screen innovative idea to both devices with a 5.1-inch QHD showcase 2560×1440, prompting 577 ppi, the same size yet higher resolution than the GS5. A new type of fingerprint scanner installed in the taller home button, which requires only a tap of your finger to verify as opposed to a swipe.
As the software is concerned the smartphone runs in Android 5.0.2 and a well known but somewhat conditioned down version of TouchWiz that reduces a percentage of the pointless things yet at the same time incorporates a lot of Samsung’s features like Multi Window, with services like Milk Music and the Galaxy Apps store.
Samsung launched Galaxy S6 and S6 edge specifications
- Operating System: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI skin on top
- Display: S6: 5.1-inch QHD (2560×1440) 577ppi Super AMOLED, S6 edge: 5.1-inch QHD (2560×1440) 577ppi Super AMOLED with dual curved edges
- Processor: Octa-core 4×2.1GHz + 4×1.5GHz 64-bit 14nm Samsung Exynos processor
- Storage: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB (non-expandable)
- RAM: 3GB LPDDR4
- Rear Camera: 16MP, OIS, ƒ/1.9, auto real-time HDR, low-light video, high clear zoom, IR detect white balance, virtual shot, slow motion, fast motion, pro mode, selective focus
- Front Camera: 5MP, ƒ/1.9, auto real-time HDR, low-light video
- Network: LTE Category 6 (300/50Mbps)
- Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), HT80 MIMO(2×2), 620Mbps, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Mobile hotspot, Bluetooth: 4.1 LE, A2DP, atp-X, ANT+, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, IR remote, USB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, ambient light, barometer, compass, fingerprint, gyroscope, hall, heart rate monitor, HRM, proximity
- Charging: USB 2.0, PowerMat wireless (WPC 1.1, 4.6W output), Qi wireless (PMA 1.0, 4.2W output)
- Battery S6: 2550mAh (non-removable), S6 edge: 2600mAh (non-removable)
- Dimensions: S6: 143.4mm x 70.5mm x 6.8mm / 5.65-inches x 2.78-inches x 0.27-inches, S6 Edge: 142.1mm x 70.1mm x 7.0mm / 5.59-inches x 2.76-inches x 0.28-inches
- Weight S6: 138g / 4.87oz, S6 edge: 132g / 4.66oz
- Video Formats: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM, VP9
- Audio Codecs: MP3, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, OPUS
Formats: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
- Samsung software features: Download Booster, OneDrive (115GB free storage for 2 years), OneNote, Private Mode, Quick Connect, S Health 4.0, S Finder, S Voice, Samsung Pay, Smart Manager, Sound Alive+, Themes
- Samsung security: One-touch fingerprint scanner, KNOX management software
- Google Mobile Services: Chrome, Drive, Gmail, Google Settings, Google+, Hangouts, Maps, Photos, Play Books, Play Games, Play Movies and TV, Play Newsstand, Play Store, Voice Search, YouTube
- Colors S6: white, black, gold, blue, S6 edge: white, black, gold, dark green
Beautifully Crafted from Metal and Glass, Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge Define What’s Next in Mobility
Equipped with first-of-its-kind technology, Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge are the most advanced smartphones on the market
Barcelona, Spain, March 1 2015 – Samsung Electronics today announced its entirely redefined smartphones, the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge. Creating a new standard for design, craftsmanship and performance, the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge seamlessly blend premium materials with the most advanced Samsung technology to offer consumers an unmatched mobile experience.
“With the all new Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge, Samsung is offering what’s next in mobility, along with a new standard to drive the global mobile agenda,” said JK Shin, CEO and Head of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics. “By listening to our customers, and learning from both our success and missteps, we continuously push forward new technologies and ideas. With a reimagined design, robust partner network and novel services, the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge offer users the ultimate experience in smartphone options.”
Beauty Meets Purpose
Carefully crafted from metal and glass, the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge blend purposeful design with powerful features. The Galaxy S6 edge, particularly, shows unique and outstanding beauty while also providing a solid grip and an immersive viewing experience with the world’s first curved display on both sides. Its glass body, made from the toughest glass to date, Corning® Gorilla Glass® 4, is available in an array of colorful jewel tones, including White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz and Green Emerald, which elicit a unique visual texture as it reflects natural light. This timeless design required first-of-its-kind glass crafting technology and unmatched quality control, setting the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge apart from every other mobile device on the market. The premium device aesthetics deliver true value and are complemented by a totally new and lighter interface that greatly enhances usability and functionality. A refined and fully optimized user experience simplifies applications and offers features and settings in a more intuitive way.
Vivid Images with a Fast, Bright Camera
The Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge are equipped with an incredibly vivid, bright and fast front and rear camera. The F1.9 lenses and high resolution sensors on both front (5MP) and rear (16MP) cameras provide the most superior image quality in a smartphone, even in the dark. In addition, Auto Real-time High Dynamic Range (HDR), Smart Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and IR Detect White Balance provide advanced light sensitivities and crisp camera solutions. Furthermore, a new “Quick Launch” feature give users fast, direct access to the camera from any screen in just 0.7 seconds* by simply double clicking the home key button. These advanced camera functions enableusers to capture their most precious and personal moments in uncompromising quality, however and wherever they want.
Super Charging and Cord Free
With fully embedded WPC and PMA certified wireless charging technology, the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge are setting a new industry standard for universal wireless charging. The devices work with any wireless pad available in the market that supports WPC and PMA standards. They also sport incredibly fast wired charging, 1.5 times faster than the Galaxy S5, providing about 4 hours of usage after only 10 minutes of charging.*
Cutting-edge Core Technology
The thin (6.8 mm/7.0mm edge) and lightweight (138g /132g edge) Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge integrate the most advanced, cutting-edge, Samsung core technology available today. The world’s first 14nm mobile processor with 64-bit platform, new LPDDR4 memory system and UFS 2.0 flash memory provides higher performance and enhanced memory speed with lower power consumption. Moreover, the world’s first 1440P/VP9 hardware based codec enables users to enjoy high resolution streaming video while also using less power. In addition, the 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED screen offers users the highest pixel density of 577ppi. Enhanced outdoor visibility with a brighter display (600cd/mm) lets consumers experience content without compromise – anywhere, at any time.
Easy and Protected Mobile Payment
Samsung Pay, a new, easy-to-use mobile payment service that will be compatible with more locations than any competing offering in a single application, will launch on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge in the United States during the second half of this year. Protected by Samsung KNOX, fingerprint scanning, and advanced tokenization, Samsung Pay works with both NFC (Near Field Communication) and MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) technology to make it device, merchant and card issuer agnostic.
The Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge are built on the upgraded Samsung KNOX, end-to-end secure mobile platform, offering defense-grade features for real-time protection from potential malicious attacks. Both of these new devices are also ready for immediate enterprise adoption, with market leading MDMs and KNOX enhancements enabled at launch to simplify and improve mobile device management. Additionally, the Find My Mobile feature secures lost devices and protects personal information through a number of services, including the all new remotely controlled “Reactivation lock.” With an enhanced touch-type fingerprint scanner, it also provides quick authentication and saves encrypted data in secure device storage. The Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge will be available globally starting from April 10, 2015 with 32/64/128GB storage options** available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz (Galaxy S6 only) and Green Emerald (Galaxy S6 edge only).