At MWC 2015 in Barcelona, Vivo announced an improved version of the X5Max, which it released in India last year. Vivo claims that the larger battery is capable to power up for a whole day. The other side of the larger battery in any case, is that the smartphone is presently a bit thicker. To incorporate the larger battery, Vivo needed to expand the thickness from 4.45mm to 5.1mm. The company also claims that it solved the overheating issues found on the X5Max .
The improved version is named as X5Max+ and accompanies a larger 2,300mAh battery. The remaining specifications are said to be the same as X5Max, the X5Max+ sports a 5.5-inch AMOLED full HD resolution display and is controlled by a MediaTek MT6752 octa-core processor with clock speed of 1.7GHz and combined with Mali-T760MP2 GPU and 2GB of RAM.
As the camera capability is concerned, the device comes with a 13-megapixel primary back camera, 5-megapixel secondary front selfie camera, 16GB internal storage, microSD card and the smart phone is powered by the Android 4.4.4 KitKat wrapped under Funtouch OS2.0 UI skin on top.
There is presently no ststement on when Vivo anticipates relesing the X5Max+ in different markets including India.
Vivo X5Max+ specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch AMOLED full HD resolution display
- Processor: MediaTek MT6752 octa-core processor with 1.7GHz, Mali-T760MP2 GPU
- RAM: 2GB
- Back camera: 13-megapixel primary back camera
- Front camera: 5-megapixel secondary front selfie camera
- Storage: 16GB internal storage, microSD card
- OS: Android 4.4.4 KitKat wrapped under Funtouch OS2.0 UI
- Thickness: 5.1mm
- Battery: 2,300mAh