Days after launching the Redmi 2, which wasn’t quite a bit of an update from the Redmi 1S with the exception of the SoC, Xiaomi has updated some of its user expected key specifications. This news has been affirmed by the Xiaomi’s CEO on Weibo.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 is the successor of popular Redmi 1S and was launched recently in China. On the other hand, Xiaomi has chosen to update it with higher measures of RAM and Built-in storage capacity. The Redmi 2 now brandishes 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, which is twice of what it was initially planned to be.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 updated Specifications
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 312ppi
- OS: Android 4.4.4 KitKat with MIUI 6.0 skin on top
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916, 1.2GHz quad-core Cortex A53 CPU, Adreno 306 GPU and 2GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB internal storage with a microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Rear camera: 8MP primary camera, autofocus, LED flash, HDR and 1080p video recording
- Front camera: 2MP secondary camera with 720p video recording
- Connectivity: dual-SIM, 4G LTE, FM Radio, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct and Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP and LE, microUSB v2.0 port and 3.5mm headphone jack
- GPS: A-GPS with GLONASS and Beidou
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Battery: 2,200 mAh battery
- Dimension: 134 x 67.2 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 133 grams
The competitive handsets like Lenovo A6000 and Huawei Honor Holly to the Redmi 2. Xiaomi wants Redmi 2 to stand high on comparing the specifications to the similar specs and priced devices. Xiaomi would need to keep its handset updated with the most recent hardware. The Redmi 2 is presently valued at CNY 700 (~ INR 6,882) in China and is truly a decent plan at the cost, however it isn’t clear what will happen to the individuals who as of now purchased the Redmi 2 with 1GB RAM and 8GB storage variant.
Xiaomi may present the Redmi 2 in the Indian showcase this year.