YotaPhone the Russia based smartphone manufacturer, got full score in the innovation division, however missed out in real sales. The dual display smartphone accompanies a always-on e-Ink display at the back for having a snappy look at your notifications or critical data like flight or film tickets.
It was initially released in India via Flipkart for Rs 23,999 in October 2014. After it lagged to impress Indian purchasers, it first announced a price cut in November 2014, after which it was accessible for Rs. 17,999. However this price cut didn’t impress the buyers and the sales numbers is very less. After this its price dropped to Rs. 12,999 and then to Rs. 9,999 earlier this year. Presently, YotaPhone further announced reduced its price and retailing for Rs. 8,999 on Flipkart.
YotaPhone 1 Specifications
- Display: 4.3-inch IPS LCD primary display, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 342 ppi
- Rear display: 4.3-inch EPD secondary screen, 640 x 360 pixels resolution, Always-On
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8960 processor, 1.7 GHz dual-core CPU
- GPU: Adreno 320
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 32GB of non-expandable internal storage
- Camera: 13-megapixel back camera, autofocus, LED flash, 1080p video recording and 1-megapixel front camera
- Connectivity: 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS with A-GPS, Micro-USB v2.0 port and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 1,800 mAh
- Dimension: 67 x 133.6 x 9.99 mm
- Weight: 146 g
- Colors: Black and White
- Price: Rs 8,999
The smartphone likewise accompanies gesture controls for the rear screen. Its successor, the YotaPhone 2 has as of now been launched globally, yet the company doesn’t disclose any release date in India at this point. The first gen YotaPhone sales numbers is not impressive as expected in the nation and that may limiting the release of the YotaPhone 2. On the other hand, at a cost of Rs 8,999 the YotaPhone appears to be a lovely affordable smartphone for frequent travelers.
The First gen Yotaphone runs on Android Jelly bean this may be the reason why Indian buyers hesitating to pick. To increase its sales numbers of Yotaphone 1 the company should announce kitkat or lolipop update.